Hi everyone! I have to apologize for the delay in blogging. We have had some busy weekends lately! We took Dominic to Sea World for the first time last weekend and we had a blast! My best friend from middle school and her daughter drove down from Las Vegas and we met up at Sea World for a day of fun! My brother in law and sister in law and my niece also came out for my sister in law's birthday so it was a day filled with fun! We got to check out dolphins, turtles, otters, sharks, orcas, sea stars, and some other cool animals. Although I have to admit, I think Dominic had more fun looking at people and playing with the fences!
On Sunday last week I felt Dominic's first tooth coming in and by Tuesday it broke through. He has been such a good boy, but we might have tooth number two not too far behind! He won't let me get a picture of it, but I will work on that! We received the coolest present this week from my Grandmother, Dominic's great Grandmother. She had a blanket made for him by one of her dearest friends and we love it! It is as though my grandmother made it and you can just tell it was made with so much love! As you can see we put it to good use! We miss our Sacramento family so much! Every week Brandon and I talk about how much we want to go see them!
Brandon has been on vacation and is enjoying his time by fishing with the guys, but honestly I haven't really seen him since he started his vacation! And I have no fish to show for his time! Oh well, I am glad he is enjoying his time, I'm just hoping he remembers to spend some time with his family.....hint hint.
I am enjoying my Memorial Day and I hope you are too! I am regretting not going diving over this long weekend, but oh well! We did drive down to the main street and watch Rolling Thunder this morning. Rolling Thunder is thousands and thousands of motorcyclist ride from downtown Riverside to the Arlington National Cemetery, (which is just down the street from us) in honor of all the men and women who have served and fought for our freedom in the military. I am so thankful for these men and women. It is because of their bravery and love for their country and we are able to have freedom, so I would like to take a moment and thank each and every one of them and their families. They have given so much so that we can have what we have here in this country. Thank you for what you do every day and so willingly so that we can live freely.
Brandon had his second eye injection this last week, and unfortunately it doesn't look very good. There is a lot of blood in his eye this time and when we returned home from the Dr's office his eye had developed what looked like a blister. It was pretty yucky, but he said it is okay. If his eye doesn't get any better we may be going back to the Dr's for a check up, so please pray that it gets a little better. I do have good news though, when we first went to the Dr's back in February his vision was 20/400 in that eye before the injection. After the injection it was 20/80, and two weeks ago (prior to this injection) his vision was 20/50. I think that is a HUGE improvement so I will keep praying that the medicine continues to work and his eye heals.
Dominic is sleeping in his swing at the moment and I am going to try and do the dishes, wish me luck! I hope all of you are doing well, we send our love.
All our love,
Dawnnie
No comments:
Post a Comment